There are those days, some weeks many, that cooking anything, let alone a fresh healthy meal, is the last thing I want to do. I pass by the fast food options on the way home and for a split second I almost drive through. But then I glance at those two little angels (well, most days) in the back and remember that my job is to raise them the best I can. Literally, it’s my job, since I decided to stay home and be a mom. These are the days when having this recipe in my back pocket is a life saver. This healthy and simple meal is a weekly staple for us. We use whatever veggies I can find (mostly what is in season), and our favorite gluten free pasta, but you can always sub in a whole grainversion. It’s a whole family favorite and easy to put together!
Roasted Veggies and Pasta
- 1 box of your favorite pasta (I used Gluten Free Quinoa Pasta)
- 4 cups veggies for roasting (broccoli, zucchini, squash, mushrooms, asparagus, Brussels sprouts, etc.)
* hint: you can finely chop kale, spinach, chard and mix in the bowl with other veggies and it will roast nicely
- 1 package sundried tomatoes without oil (optional)
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes for topping (optional)
- Your favorite oil for roasting (or veggie broth if avoiding oil)
- Himalayan pink salt and ground black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 450. Wash and cut veggies into large pieces. Place in bowl with oil (or veggie broth), salt, and pepper.
Bake on parchment lined cookie sheet for 20-25 minutes or until veggies are golden brown. While the veggies are baking, cook the pasta. Toss veggies and pasta together and top with sun dried tomatoes or freshly chopped tomatoes if using.